Native from Ouest-Cameroun, Serge studied in Democratic Republic of the Congo and Zambia. Passionate for mathematics and physics from the start, in which he completed early studies, he nonetheless pursued his desire to become a member of the Catholic priest of the Jesuit order and thus reoriented his academic course to philosophy. Although he left the order seven years later, his admiration for « wisdom lovers » endures, as eminent names became symbols: Pythagoras, Emmanuel Kant, Cheikh Anta Diop.
Much interested in multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary approaches, his distant passion for both mathematics and physics is now shared with other disciplines : politics, ethics, law, economy and management. Here are his current research thematic: decision-making and participative development in Africa (pros and cons evaluation of think tanks’ influence on public policies); philosophy and society (what place for critical thinking in society?); international business management (multinationals and human rights in Africa); economy, ethics and values creation (are financial practices done with regards for local values and ethical standards?)
- Ph.D. Student, Practical Philosophy, Université de Sherbrooke (since August 2020).
- M.A, Philosophy, Loyola University of Congo & Pontifical Gregorian University, July 2017
- Licence, Philosophy, Loyola University of Congo & Pontifical Gregorian University, June 2015
- Nguiffo Kayim, Serge (2020), « Le rôle social imminent des multinationales dans le monde post-covid-19 », Philosophie et société, nº037, pp 28-40
- Nguiffo Kayim, Serge. (2017), « L’école pythagoricienne comme référentielle de l’humanité intellectuelle et spirituelle », Raison Ardente, n°110, Kinshasa
- Nguiffo Kayim, Serge. (2019), « Le paradoxe politique et la banalisation du mal en Afrique », Philosophie et Société, n°034, pp 19-31.
- Nguiffo Kayim, Serge. (2019), « La justice intergénérationnelle synonyme d’obligation universelle », Raison Ardente, n°108, pp 93-99, Kinshasa
- Nguiffo Kayim, Serge. (2016), « La réinvention de la religion dans l’essence du christianisme de Ludwig Feuerbach » , Réflexions libres
Nguiffo Kayim, Serge (2017). « Kant et la réinvention de la métaphysique », master's thesis, Loyola University of Congo (Kinshasa), Directed by Pr. Crispin MPULULU NZOLAMBI, July 2017.
Distinctions and Scholarships
- August 2020 - August 2021 : Doctoral scholarship, Canadian Research Chair in Applied Epistemology, 35 000 $.
- August 2020 - August 2022 : Doctoral scholarship, Université de Sherbrooke, 13 000 $.
- Board of honor mention, given after the first class success of a Certificate in business administration, November 2019.
- Great distinction, Academic mention received after the brillant success of the masters in philosophy, July 2017.
- Great distinction, Academic mention received after the brillant success of the licence in philosophy, June 2015.
This content has been updated on November 16th, 2023 at 18 h 48 min.